Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Pot(s)

Now that I'm almost 30, I'm entering the gardening phase of my life.

When we moved in to the cDc, there was one pot left behind on the porch, and I brought one from the townhouse with us.  Tonight, I ventured over to Lowe's to get pots that would actually match each other, and some annuals to plant! 

I tried to pick some plants that hadn't bloomed yet, so I'm hoping the pots will fill out a bit.


**To be noted in this shot - leafy greens which were once tulips, hyacinths, and crocuses (all bulbs I planted in the fall!), and the neatly trimmed bushes which I spent an hour taming a couple of weekends ago), plus 4 new matching pots, and the one that was left behind by previous owners.  The non-matching pot will eventually be moved when I extend the flower beds in front of the steps and in front of the bushes... who wants to help?!?!!


Of course, after I was finished I realized the bag of soil I used was labeled as "inground use only.."  hmm... hope these flowers survive!

I've also planted 4, yes 4 buddleia bushes... but thats a story for a different day!
(all pics taken w/ my point and shoot camera!)

0 comments: