Monday, May 24, 2010

Getting fancy over here now....

Now that things over here @ the cDc have slowed down a bit, I'm working on the little touches around the house.

I've been looking ever since we moved in for place mats for the dining room, to no avail.
So, when my mom was here, she gave me a quick tutorial in "How to sew a place mat" world, and I made a mini one out of scrap fabric that would be a great place mat for an ant.

This weekend I got brave and ventured way out to Jo-Ann Fabrics to try to find something I liked.  After searching for at least 30 minutes, I finally found two coordinating fabrics that I liked.  After a long phone consultation with my sewing coach (mom), I got my fabric cut, and was out the door.

I finally started working on them last night around 7:00 p.m... and kept working until about 9:30 or so (that interfacing is a PITA to get ironed on!)  I only finished one last night, and finished the rest today!

So, without further ado, here is my first solo sewing project sewing project ever:


 (oooooh yeah... I even made them reversible!  See... FANCY!!)

Numbers 3 and 4 turned out the best.... but 1 and 2 aren't too bad considering!


Updates coming soon:
-The other set of curtains my mom made when she was here
-My finished office pictures (if James ever files the closet doors down...)
-James' finished office

1 comments:

Mama B said...

They look FABULOUS! You did such a good job - I'm so proud of you!