Good news over.
More bad news pouring in, and I do mean POURING....
Remember in the last post when I was mentioning about a leak in the other bathroom? Well that went from bad to worse before we could get it inspected more.
So, after discovering more water damage, pulling up the carpet in the master hallway, and poking holes in Sophie's basement room so the ceiling could drain.. (don't worry, we moved her and her stuff out of there first)... James found this:
That's right - a damn huge hole in the copper pipe behind the master shower. This is probably because they did not leave the water on during the winter (we don't know how long the house sat here vacant).
So now, the master has gone to hell in a handbasket, and has taken a portion of the basement ceiling with it. Luckily, James can do drywall repairs, but will not be able to repair copper piping, so another home warranty claim will have to be called in. Thank goodness the bank bought that for us... James is thinking we can wait to call it in until Tuesday (read - avoid "emergency call" fee) as long as we don't run water in that bathroom (I haven't since last Saturday, but that's all I'm going to say about that...)
James went around with tools and a flashlight inspecting the rest of the house tonight checking for other leaks. He didn't find any, and watched the water meter when the water was off in the house to make sure it wasn't running at all - it wasn't, which should mean no other leaks.
Are we having fun yet?
Wait - don't answer that.
1 comments:
Hey! I can repair copper pipe, I just don't want to touch it when it's literally on the drywall.
Post a Comment