Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Making progress!

I've been busting my booty to get some work done around the Casa De Crap.  I got the first floor painting finished this weekend with some help from James and my friend Kim.  Barely had enough "picnic basket" to finish the walls, but we somehow made it, minus one door jam that needs a second coat.  We'll get to that someday...

Take a look and see what I've accomplished so far!

 
The kitchen
**Random fact 1 - I already had the two towels hanging on the stove from when I registered for our wedding.  They have the blue of our living room and the brown of the kitchen in them, which freaked me out when I remembered about them and pulled them out of the drawer.  They really stink at absorbing water, but look great hanging on the stove.**

A close-up of the stove area

Entrance to the dining room from the kitchen

Pantry Door

HUGE Pantry/Guest Bedroom - the pantry even has a light in it!

 
Hallway from living room to front door
Living Room with wrinkled couch cover and unfinished mantel - this will hopefully be the first room to get new furniture!!  "We" (honey-do-list :) are going to repaint the white of the mantel then put a TV on top.



Living room again - that lamp will also be replaced, as it is crooked and cannot be fixed... The shelf next to it is from my grandma's house (found it in her attic after she passed away) and my goal is to refinish it and paint it white... I think that will look very nice and match the room a bit better!

**Random fact 2 - I realized today as I was putting the room together that the pillows I bought when living in my apartment in Grand Rapids are the exact color of my living room paint..  Apparently my brain is good at color coordinating in advance without me knowing it **
 
My "helper" for the night... This was Sophie's first time being upstairs, as we decided to wait until the painting was finished before allowing her up there.  She was super excited to explore and run in circles, and found a box of her toys.  I let her have Christmas loofah doggy while I unpacked and cleaned.  She had fun, and I knew I'd be vacuuming anyways :)
To do:
Find artwork and picture frames to decorate the area!  This, of course, will be the fun part!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It works now :)
Everything looks great!

Jessica Erin said...

Loving the "picnic basket" color in the kitchen area... looks great, ALL of it does!! Homeownership sure is a rollercoaster, but all worthwhile I hope :) Here's to more good days ahead... can't wait to see it in person when I become a guest!

moliver said...

It seems like you are really having fun decorating your new place. I love interior decorating! Everything looks so great already! I can't wait to visit and see it for real!