Saturday, September 12, 2009

Inaugural Baking Post at the CDC

Baking has become somewhat of a hobby for me, so last night I broke in my new kitchen and baked in it for the first time.

On the menu:

 

 
YUM!
One of the best things about the CDC is that it actually came with pretty nice appliances (stove, mounted microwave, dishwasher that is soooo much nicer than the one at our townhouse, and an ok fridge).
And, the other great thing about the CDC is that my stove is GAS.  I loved having my gas stove in Grand Rapids, and now, I've returned to glory.  Ready to go in 10 minutes for any temperature, even heat levels, and no guessing as to whether or not the oven is really the right temperature.  So far, I've been very impressed with this oven, as I haven't had to adjust baking times at all.  My gas oven in GR was a beast, and even when I'd bake something for less time than called for and set the temperature for lower than requested, I still burned everything.  Everything seems to be cooking true to time and nice and evenly so far!
I also love all of the great lighting I can get in this house - the cookie picture was taken this morning with the blinds open in the kitchen, and the cobbler picture was taken under the microwave light!
Now I'm off to watch the football game... GO GREEN!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YUM! I remember the old days when I had time to bake! Eat something yummy for me and Andrew :)

Jessica Erin said...

Looks delicious!! You could submit those photos for a cookbook! ;-)

Elizabeth said...

Thanks Ladies :o)
I've been working off the laptop and missing my Photoshop... luckily these looked pretty good straight out of the camera :o)